NEW BOARD MEMBERS APPOINTED, OFFICERS ELECTED TO PFLUGERVILLE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CORP. BOARD OF DIRECTORS
21 Jan 2021
Press Release, Alerts
PFLUGERVILLE, Texas (January 22, 2021) — The Pflugerville Community Development Corporation (PCDC) Board of Directors convened its first meeting of the year on Jan. 20, elected officers, and welcomed newly-appointed PCDC board members to the seven-member board following action by the Pflugerville City Council at the Dec. 16 regular city council meeting.
Three new board member appointments include Mike Heath, Pflugerville City Councilman and President of the Alliance Transportation Group, for an unexpired term ending Dec. 31, 2021; Anita Husen, Program Manager for Graduate Communities at the University of Texas at Austin; Anthony Nguyen, Software Expert at Dassault Systems. Jim McDonald, owner of the Three-Legged Goat, was reappointed for an additional term.
2021 officers for the board include Ken D’Alfonso, re-elected for a second term as president; Erin Kurusz, Ph.D., vice president; Jim McDonald, secretary, and George Vande Werken, re-elected as treasurer. PCDC Board of Directors members serve two-year terms; officers serve one-year terms.
“Over the past 20 years, we have been fortunate to always have strong leadership appointed by the City Council to lead our organization, and this year is no different,” said Amy Madison, PCDC Executive Director. “We offer congratulations to the newly-elected officers and appointed board members, and we look forward to working together in 2021.”
Board member terms and officers elected at the Jan. 20 meeting are as follows:
- Place 1 – Erin Kurusz, Ph.D. Vice President– Term: Jan. 1, 2020 to Dec. 31, 2021
- Place 2 – Jim McDonald, Secretary– Term: Jan. 1, 2021 to Dec. 31, 2022
- Place 3 – Mike Heath – Term: Dec. 15, 2020 to Dec. 31, 2021
- Place 4 – Anthony Nguyen, – Term: Jan. 1, 2021 to Dec. 31, 2022
- Place 5 – Ken D’Alfonso, President – Term: Jan. 1, 2020 to Dec. 31, 2021
- Place 6 – Anita Husen, – Term: Jan. 1, 2021 to Dec. 31, 2022
- Place 7 – George Vande Werken, Treasurer – Term: Jan. 1, 2020 to Dec. 31, 2021
At the Dec. 16 meeting, the Board also recognized its three outgoing members: A.K. Brewer; former PCDC Vice President Ron Agnew; former PCDC Secretary, Jeff Coleman. Agnew served four years on the PCDC board, while Brewer served three years and Coleman served two years.
View PDF version of release HERE