New Board Members Appointed, Officers Elected to Pflugerville Community Development Corp. Board Of Directors
Tuesday, January 22, 2019
PFLUGERVILLE, Texas (Jan. 22, 2018)— The Pflugerville Community Development Corporation (PCDC) Board of Directors convened its first meeting of the year Jan. 17, elected officers and welcomed two new PCDC board members and two reappointments to the seven-member board following action by the Pflugerville City Council at the Dec. 18 regular city council meeting.
PCDC Board of Directors members serve two-year terms; officers serve one-year terms.
“We are honored to have these great community leaders who are willing to volunteer their time and serve on the PCDC Board of Directors. This is an incredible group with diverse and rich experience. I look forward to their contributions as we continue to execute our Comprehensive Economic Development Strategic Plan that focuses on making Pflugerville a thriving community and one of the best places to live, work and operate a business,” PCDC Executive Director Amy Madison said.
New board members include George Vande Werken and former Pflugerville Mayor Jeff Coleman. A.K. Brewer and Ron Agnew were reappointed for an additional term. Ken D’Alfonso, Doug Weiss and Victor Johnson are serving the second and final year of their current terms.
2019 officers for the board include Johnson, president; Agnew, vice president; Coleman, secretary and D’Alfonso, treasurer.
Weiss is currently in his fourth term on the board, having served as president of the PCDC Board of Directors from 2014 to 2015 and as vice president in 2016. In November 2016, Weiss was elected to the Pflugerville City Council and is currently the City Council Representative on the PCDC Board of Directors.
Board member terms and officers elected at Jan. 17 meeting are as follows:
- Place 1 – Victor Johnson, President – Term: Jan. 1, 2017 to Dec. 31, 2019
- Place 2 – A.K. Brewer – Term: Jan. 1, 2019 to Dec. 31, 2021
- Place 3 – Doug Weiss – Term: Jan. 1, 2017 to Dec. 31, 2019
- Place 4 – Jeff Coleman, Secretary – Term: Jan. 1, 2019 to Dec. 31, 2021
- Place 5 – Ken D’Alfonso, Treasurer – Term: Jan. 1, 2017 to Dec. 31, 2019
- Place 6 – Ron Agnew, Vice President – Term: Jan. 1, 2019 to Dec. 31, 2021
- Place 7 – George Vande Werken – Term: Jan. 1, 2019 to Dec. 31, 2019 (appointed to unexpired term)
View PDF version of release HERE
Category: Press Release