Request for Proposals
Request for Proposals (RFP): Workforce Study in Pflugerville, TX
Issued by: Pflugerville Community Development Corporation (PCDC)
Submission Period Closed
The Pflugerville Community Development Corporation (PCDC) is requesting proposals from potential proponents for comprehensive workforce study of Pflugerville, Texas. PCDC was created by the voters of Pflugerville in 2001 under the Development Act of 1979 (Texas Revised Civil Statutes Article 5190.6) section 45 for the purpose of creating and retaining primary jobs. The Corporation’s independent board of seven voting directors, each serving two-year terms, is appointed by the mayor and city council. Working in cooperation with site selection consultants, facility managers, developers, realtors, and property owners, the PCDC is the central information source and marketing organization for economic development in the City of Pflugerville, Texas, Travis County.
The PCDC welcomes the use of partnerships and subcontracting for this project. The PCDC requires assistance in drafting and formulating a study and plan to guide the PCDC in the area of workforce retention and upskilling that will enhance the quality of life in Pflugerville. Proponents should be subject matter experts, have a proven track record of providing high-level research and reports on the workforce in the Central Texas region as well as demonstrate relationships with research platforms and industry experts in the workforce arena.
- Provide a study of the local industry workforce in Pflugerville including a study of local manufacturing workforce of Pflugerville.
- Conduct a labor market analysis of the growing workforce in Pflugerville. This analysis will focus on local high-demand, middle-skill occupations in the Advanced Manufacturing industry cluster.
- Provide critical information needed to help guide PCDC in our efforts to address the workforce readiness needs of future workers and upskilling needs of Pflugerville’s existing workforce through demand-driven education and training initiatives.
- The study will also explore the need for a facility in Pflugerville to provide local access to postsecondary training by third-party workforce partners. Information must include the high demand occupations for which training will be provided, the estimated number of individuals to be trained and estimated total number to be served, and descriptions of allowable related services (such as recruitment, job search, job referral; and minor renovation of facilities);
- The third-party Contractor will conduct a cluster analysis and a gap analysis.
Scope of Work:
- Phase I: Start-Up and Planning- Initial Information Gathering and Data Analysis Goals
- Phase II: Strategy Development + Vetting Goals
- Phase III: Report Development and Release Goals
Submission Period Closed
Thank you for your interest. Please note that the submission period has now ended. We are no longer accepting new submissions as of December 20, 2023. Stay tuned for updates, and we appreciate your participation and support.
- Deadline: December 20, 2023, by 5:00 p.m.
- Electronic Submission Email: email@example.com
- Estimated Contract Start Date: January 17, 2024
- Proposers Questions Deadline: December 18, 2023 (send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Response to Questions Posted: December 19, 2023
RFP Document: A detailed RFP document can be downloaded here.
The voters of the City of Pflugerville approved the formation of the Pflugerville Community Development Corporation in 2001. The PCDC is a Type B corporation in the state of Texas and funded by a one-half-cent sales tax collection. The Pflugerville City Council appoints a seven-member board to oversee policy, and the organization now employs six staff members to support programming and operations.
The Pflugerville Community Development Corporation is responsible for attracting, retaining, and expanding businesses to create new jobs and increase tax revenue to support economic development and community development in the City of Pflugerville. The PCDC funds may be used to provide incentives for existing and recruited companies, construct needed infrastructure such as roads, utilities, and drainage, as well as the development of parks and recreation projects.
With a population of more than 74,000, Pflugerville is one of the fastest-growing cities in the nation attributed to its close location to downtown Austin in the desirable Central Texas region. State Highways 45 and 130 and Interstate Highway 35 offer direct access to other nearby cities and a quick route to five regional and international airports. For more information, visit www.pfdevelopment.com.