Pflugerville celebrates ground breaking of new Living Spaces store
20 Jul 2017
Officials gathered in the middle of an active construction site for a ground breaking ceremony for Living Spaces in Pflugerville on Thursday.
The Pflugerville Chamber of Commerce hosted the event with the city of Pflugerville; the Pflugerville Community Development Corp.; Living Spaces; and the construction company, Ryan. The California-based furniture retailer is coming to Texas for the first time.
The site will include the 150,000-square-foot store, another 380,000 square feet of warehouse space, a restaurant and pads for three additional businesses at the southwest corner of Heatherwilde Boulevard and SH 45 N.
More facts from Thursday’s ceremony:
- The store will be the size of nine football fields, a measuring method popular with Texans, according to the city of Pflugerville.
- According to the city, an estimated 12,000 homes are proposed to be built in the city’s jurisdiction with 953 built in 2016 and another 494 built so far in 2017.
- City leaders said the destination retail store will be similar in tax revenue to the soon-to-be-built Costco store in Pflugerville, which is similar to all of the Stone Hill Town Center stores.
- The $40 million construction project on 60 acres will provide 100 full-time positions in skilled warehousing and retail merchandising.
- The one-story building will have a footprint of approximately 12 acres.
- The store is expected to be ready to open late 2018.
Joe Warner, Community Impact, communityimpact.com, 7/20/2017