It’s Opening Day at Typhoon Texas Waterpark
More than $4.5 Million invested in Pflugerville waterpark.
The waterpark, located at 18500 SH 130 N. Service Road, Plugerville, is open 10:30 a.m. Saturday until 10 p.m. The park is open Sunday and Memorial Day, and then will close Tuesday through Thursday, before opening again Friday, June 1 through Labor Day.
Typhoon Texas made more than $4.5 million in upgrades to the infrastructure and attractions at the park. Improvements include:
· New waterslides and updates to existing slides.
· New 4-story Gully Washer children’s attraction with an 800-gallon bucket that drops water on the children below.
· New splashpad for children ages 2-4.
· Decking replaced sand throughout the park
· $450,000 in shade structures were installed
· Fresh, on-site prepared food, including fish and chips, pizza and tacos.
· Bar with wait service
· Cabanas and other shaded shelters
Typhoon Texas Austin hired more than 600 employees for the season.
Joe Warner, 5/27/17, Community Impact.
View slideshow and original article here.